Our curriculum at East Stour is designed to provide a broad and balanced education for all pupils, that is coherently planned and sequenced towards cumulatively sufficient knowledge for skills and future learning and employment. We want our children to be prepared for success when they leave, ready to achieve their full potential!
Our curriculum is underpinned by nine core values:
Our curriculum also aims to:
- Make pupils aware of the fundamental British values through the use and application of the schools nine core values
- Work towards carefully planned end points that identify key learning that all pupils know, remember and can recall
- Enable pupils to develop knowledge, understand concepts and acquire skills, and be able to choose and apply these in relevant situations
- Support pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Support pupils’ physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Ensure equal access to learning for all pupils, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Equip pupils with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
- Promote the learning and development of all children and ensure they are ready for their next stage of learning
Wellbeing and positive relationships are at the forefront of all we do and we pride ourselves on our provision for this, with every child being seen as unique, and a strong belief that all children can succeed in life with a secure set of personal values.
Please do take a look at our teaching and learning policy for more detail, and our subject pages!