Our third Open Day for September 2020 Reception Admissions will be:
Friday 15th November 2019.
The session will run at 10.30 with a tour of the school.
Should you wish to book on this session or have any further queries regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact the school office on 01233 630820.
You must apply for a primary school place if:
- Your child already attends East Stour Primary School Nursery.
- Your child is due to start primary or infant school (reception year)
- Your child is at infant school (year 2) and is due to start junior school (year 3)
- Your child is at primary school (year 2) and you want your child to move to junior school at the start of year 3
Apply between 5th November 2019 and 15th January 2020 for:
- Primary or infant school places (reception year) – if your child was born between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016
You can apply online or by post. Full details of how to apply will be available when applications open on 5th November 2019. Applications close at midnight on 15th January 2020
You can apply for up to 3 schools, putting them in order of preference. It’s in your best interests to list 3 schools. Naming only one school does not guarantee your child a place at that school or give your child priority for a place over another child, neither does naming a school more than once.
It’s important to find out more about schools you are interested in before you decide to name them on your application form. You can name up to 3 schools on your form.
For advice call 03000 41 21 21 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
KCC process applications between 15th January and 15th April 2020.
If you apply online you will be emailed on 16th April 2020 after 4pm to tell you which school you have been offered. KCC cannot guarantee the exact time you will receive your email, this will depend on your email service provider.
You can also log in to view your offer from 5pm on the 16th April 2020.
If you applied by post the offer is sent by first class post on 16th April 2020.
Places will be allocated by the Kent County Council according to the published criteria in priority order:
- Parental wishes.
- Current family association (an older brother or sister in the school at the time of entry).
- Nearness of children’s homes and ease of access to schools.
- Health reasons (for which a medical certificate may be needed), parental health is not a criterion.For advice call 03000 41 21 21 or email email@example.com.
Find out what to do after you get your offer.
We have two Reception classes, each with a teacher and full-time teaching assistant.
These classes have a large outdoor area which is shared with the Nursery classes and includes: climbing equipment, water shutes and musical instruments. There is a large conservatory which combines with our spacious classrooms to provide an excellent learning environment.
We hold a Parents’ information evening in June following the application process. This is for parents only, to see the class their child will be in, to meet the teacher and to get the school’s information forms. You will also:
- Learn about how to prepare your child for school
- See a presentation showing a typical day in class
- Talk about any concerns that you have about your child starting school
- Meet the Family Liaison Officer
- Taste a typical school meal
- Buy or order uniform
- Book a place at Breakfast and/or After School Club
- Fill out necessary forms, or take them away with you to return later
All the Reception children are invited to spend an afternoon in their new class. These will be confirmed nearer the time in May / June.
The children start school over two weeks in the September. During the first week they stay until lunch – 11.45am, in the second they go home after lunch – 1pm, before moving straight to full time in the third week.