Children reach compulsory school age at the beginning of term after their fifth birthday. The children due to be admitted in any academic year are those born between: 1st September and the following 31st August. It is our policy to admit all of the children in the Autumn Term of the academic year in which they reach the age of five years.
The school follows the Kent Local Authority admission process for admission to Reception Year.
The process for applying to the local authority – Kent County Council begins in about November/December in the academic year before your child would be due to start school. For further information about applying for a place in Reception class please follow this link: http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools/school-places/primary-school-places
If you are looking to place your child in East Stour after they have started school somewhere else, you will need to phone the school and speak to Mrs Saxby in the school office, to register your interest in a place. There may be a waiting list for some year groups but you will be advised of this.
Criteria for Admissions:
East Stour is a community school with a Nursery offering education to children from 3 to 11 years. Should our school be oversubscribed the admissions criteria, as laid down by the local authority, will be applied in the following order:
- those children who are in care
- those children who have a Statement of Educational Need. (If your child has SEN their statement or education, health and care plan will recommend a school for them. If you apply there, the school must give your child a place.)
- those children who have a brother or sister (sibling) attending the school
- children for whom we are the nearest school
- children for whom we are not the nearest school.In exceptional circumstances the Head Teacher may give priority places to children who have medical or social needs.
For further information about Reception admissions please see the section ‘Reception Places’.
For further information about ‘Nursery admissions’ please see the section ‘Nursery Admissions‘.